- We can train you for an Electrical Career in Florida with or without experience in the electrical construction trade. Get started or move up!
- Electricians are in demand, especially in Florida .. This means better pay than other jobs
- Get paid benefits with a professional career!
Electrical Careers In Florida ... In The News
Construction worker shortage called 'acute' - Sun Sentinel
- New training programs are slow to develop, and existing accredited programs are looking for experienced individuals who want to grow skills.
- “…experienced workers are retiring while demand for workers, especially with advanced skills, continues to grow as construction rebounds.”
- “The high demand is resulting in higher wages for specialty construction workers.”
Construction projects suffer from a shortage of skilled trades - Tampa Tribune
Story: The shortage of skilled labor has potential to blunt economic expansion. There are some solutions, like voluntary or even mandatory utilization of apprenticeship programs. “Brian Turmail, a spokesman with the national general contractors’ group, said his organization is lobbying state and local officials to loosen the purse strings for technical education, to make it easier for construction firms to band together and set up their own programs, and to remove hurdles to establishing construction charter schools or career academies.”
- Community groups are joining the effort to recruit and funnel new applicants to the industry
- “Contractors are well aware of the alternative to a robust construction employment pool: Wage increases for scarce workers and potential project delays.”
- “The Bureau of Labor Statistics’ most recent employment cost index offers evidence of that trend. It said wages and salaries in the construction field were up 2.6 percent for 2015 and 0.9 percent in the last quarter of the year, the largest annual and quarterly increases since 2008.”